Follow the Child is dedicated to:
- providing a high quality Montessori education.
- providing teachers that are AMS- and/or AMI-trained at the level they teach.
- providing classrooms that are beautifully equipped with Montessori materials.
- being a small and diverse community that accepts families of various cultural, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds. We accept children of various abilities and needs.
- valuing every child and the unique promise they carry within.
- giving parents the tools they need to incorporate the Montessori principles in their home.
- serving the community as a nonprofit organization, which is overseen by a Board of Trustees comprised of volunteer parents, teachers, and community members.
Parents are active participants in their children’s education by being:
- encouraged to share their talents and interests with children, especially in the Elementary levels.
- encouraged to support Montessori principles at home.
- actively involved by volunteering 15 hours per year. Parents may assist with classroom support, community events, service learning projects, building and grounds maintenance projects, fundraising, and more.