Follow the Child is dedicated to supporting families who desire a Montessori education and provides an opportunity for tuition assistance.
This Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) is intended:
- To ensure the continuity of each child’s educational path.
- To ensure the continuity of the student population in each of our classrooms.
- To recognize economic hardships can impact some of our families’ ability to attend FCM.
- To recognize the importance of the relationship between FCM and our families and the benefit of maintaining long term relationships.
Based on the TAP application, a team (Head of School, Finance Director, Director of Enrollment Management, and After School & Program Director) will assess each situation individually and create an amended financial agreement between the family and FCM.
TAP Packet includes the following documentation:
- A letter from the family stating:
- Change in financial circumstances
- Long term commitment to FCM
- Statement of financial need
- FAST (Independent School Management’s Financial Aid for School Tuition) form completed by the family at their expense ($45). This is an independent financial evaluation of the family’s ability to pay tuition performed by ISM.
- Financial History at FCM (if applicable) prepared by the Finance Director
- Evaluation of the commitment to FCM by the Head of School including:
- Participation in school events
- Participation in child’s education