Thank you for your interest in admission to Follow the Child Montessori School.
Our 2024-25 admissions application will open on September 1, 2023. Our application deadline for first-round consideration is January 15, 2024. Applications received after the priority application deadline will be reviewed as spaces become available.
We will continue to accept applications for the 2023-24 school year as we sometimes have spots open later in the summer or during the school year, but the majority of our enrollment offers are extended in late winter for the following fall, after re-enrollment of current students.
If you are interested in admission, your first step is to fill out our online inquiry form and register for a tour. Next, you will submit an application on behalf of each child you would like considered for admission. Following application submission, we will reach out to you about next steps.
Follow the Child Montessori School, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender/gender identity, age, family structure, sexual orientation, or national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies or other school-administered programs.
CRITERIA & STANDARDS FOR ADMISSIONS
- Priority is given to siblings of children already enrolled (our sibling priority application deadline is November 15) and children of current staff members
- Priority is given to students with prior Montessori experience
- Potential for success in our Montessori environments
- Fit within the existing classroom community
- Indication of parent-school partnership and support of the Montessori principles
In order for an application to be considered, we require the following:
- At least one parent must have attended a virtual or in-person tour
- Completed Application submitted through the Follow the Child Montessori School Parent Portal
- Application Fee ($100, we offer application fee-waivers for families for whom paying the application fee would present a financial hardship).
- Student-Teacher Meeting (required for children who will be 18 months or older in August 2023)
- Parents-only Head of School meeting
- Teacher recommendation (required for extended day/kindergarten applicants and all elementary applicants)
- Student Records (required for all students who attended school prior to FCM)
- Work Samples (required for extended day/kindergarten applicants and all elementary applicants)
- Written Assessment (required for all Upper Elementary applicants)